Global professional oled material supplier

Mini LED scale application accelerates! New Taiwanese companies rebuild production lines

Mini LED scale application accelerates! New Taiwanese companies rebuild production lines
Mini LED scale application accelerates! New Taiwanese companies rebuild production lines
Recently, many Taiwanese LED manufacturers such as Epistar, Longda Electronics, United Optoelectronics, Everlight and Hongqi Technology are in the process of rebuilding or building new production lines and plan to upgrade their products to MiniLED components. The products mainly include Mini LED chips, fine pitch displays and backlight units.

People familiar with the matter pointed out that Epistar has 60% of its LED wafer production capacity in Taiwan and the remaining 40% in mainland China. As for the production capacity of LED chips, 40% are in Taiwan and 60% are in the mainland.
Epistar plans to completely rebuild its Taiwan LED chip production line. From the fourth quarter of 2020, it will invest 3.5 billion Taiwan dollars (about 116 million US dollars, 800 million yuan) to change 95% of the original blue LED chip production line to MiniLED chip production line, and the remaining 5% will be used to produce cars With LED chip.
Lextar Electronics also plans to renovate the existing production line. Professionals estimate that the cost of equipment renovation will be NT $ 300-400 million. The modified equipment can be used to produce MiniLED chips and chips, as well as packaging products. It is estimated that in 2020, Ronda's MiniLED product revenue will increase by 5 ~ 7%.
United Opto's plan is to build a new production line. It is said that it will invest 1.9 billion Taiwan dollars (about 60 million US dollars, 450 million yuan) to establish 6 intelligent production lines in northern Taiwan, mainly for the production of MiniLED products. At present, United Optoelectronics has started to produce mini light-emitting diodes, which are suitable for producing large-sized commercial displays and LCD TVs. Shipments are expected to increase gradually in the second half of 2020.
Everlight will transform existing equipment to produce mini LEDs and fine-pitch RGB MiniLED displays. It is expected that the MiniLED product business will account for more than 10% of its total revenue, and the detail distance RGB mini LED display will account for 7 ~ 8%.
Harvatek has received an order from the United States, and customers have ordered a commercial fine-pitch RGB MiniLED display. The shipment will begin in the second quarter of 2020.